Cockroaches are always an unwanted pest in the home. Want to know how to get rid of cockroaches? These 5 easy tips will help control Cockroaches and prevent them from returning!
- Remove potential food sources Potential food sources for cockroaches can be as obvious as toast crumbs or sugar granules left on the bench but can also include dirty dishes in the sink and grease on the stove top. Store food in airtight containers to prevent cockroach access.
- Remove potential water sources Remove unnecessary containers of water, in the kitchen, bathroom or laundry for example cups and bowls holding water in the sink and ensure leaky taps and pipes are fixed.
- Put rubbish out of a night or ensure bin has a tight lid Cockroaches are attracted to the smell of rubbish often caused by decaying food debris placed in kitchen bins.
- Exclude cockroach entry by sealing cracks and crevices around the home Use liquid nails to seal openings around pipes in the kitchen, laundry and bathroom as well as any cracks and crevices at the back of kitchen/laundry/bathroom cupboards. Where possible, install bristle strips on exterior doors.
- Treat the infested areas Use CockyKill Cockroach Gel Bait to treat areas of infestation such as at the back of kitchen/laundry/bathroom cupboards, under kitchen appliances and in hinges of dishwashers, around pipes in kitchen/ laundry/bathroom, kitchen bins, etc. Next, use Coopex Residual Insecticide as a perimeter spray to protect your home from cockroaches for up to 4 months. For a complete inside/outside approach on how to get rid of cockroaches check out our Cockroach Treatment Guide.