Root Extender contains beneficial Mycorrhiza Fungi – root Stimulant and root attaching filaments that increase plants nutrient access.
The mycorrhiza fungi contained in Root Extender creates a symbiotic relationship with the plant. This symbiosis takes place at the root level, where hyphae extending from the fungus colonise the roots of the host. This symbiotic relationship provides the fungus with a renewable source of food through access to fixed carbon (sugars) from the plant as a result of photosynthesis. In return, the plant gains the use of the mycorrhizas much greater surface area to absorb mineral nutrients from the soil. Root Extender is especially beneficial for plants in nutrient poor soils and is essential for re vegetation of graded or mined landscapes due to the ability to source nutrient for the plant as well as the improvement of soil structure.
Plants grown with Root Extender are generally more resistant to diseases, such as those caused by microbial soil-borne pathogens, and are also more resistant to the effects of drought. Root Extender filaments can reach many metres beyond the roots of the host plant.
Why Use Root Extender?
- Encourages root development
- Ideal for potted plants
- Fungal filaments attach to roots to increase plants moisture and nutrient access
- Improves soil structure
- Helps solubilise nutrients
- Increased drought tolerance with larger root network
- Excellent for turf and greens
- Increases disease resistance
- Suitable for all plants and crops
- Essential for plant production nurseries
- Essential for establishment of plants in new landscapes